Sarah did carry out her Ph.D. under EDIM program.
Prior to her PhD studies, Sarah Behnam pursued multidiplanary master studies with fullfilling two masters:
Master of Science in Tecknology specialization of Mechanical Engineering at KTH Royal Insitute of Technology
and Master of Engineering in Industrial Engineering at University Technology Manalaysia.
Prior, Sarah Behnam holds a B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering from Sharif University of Technology (2008).
These international experiences have given her the opportunity to immerge, understand and compare different education systems and cultures to widen her worldview.
After PhD, Sarah started working in the National Research Council of Italy, with research activities focus on Circular Economy Business Models.
Articles on Peer Reviewed Journals
- Behnam, S., Cagliano, R., & Grijalvo, M. (2018). How should firms reconcile their open innovation capabilities for incorporating external actors in innovations aimed at sustainable development?. Journal of cleaner production, 170, 950-965.
- Copani, G., & Behnam, S. (2018). Remanufacturing with upgrade PSS for new sustainable business models. CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology.
-Behnam, S., & Cagliano, R. (2019). Are innovation resources and capabilities enough to make businesses sustainable? An empirical study of leading sustainable innovative firms. International Journal of Technology Management, 79(1), 1-20.
- Behnam, S., & Cagliano, R. (2017). Be sustainable to be innovative: An analysis of their mutual reinforcement. Sustainability, 9(1), 17.
- Behnam, S., Cagliano, R., & Grijalvo, M. (2015). Secondary stakeholder integration in the context of new sustainable product/service development: Empirical findings of European cases. In Proceedings of the 22nd EurOMA Conference (Vol. 26).
• Link between Innovation and Sustainability
• Mediators in manufacturing firms for being more sustainable and innovative
• The International Manufacturing Strategy Survey (IMSS) carried out in 1992, 1996, 2001, 2005 and 2009 by a global network.
After years of experience at National Research Council of Italy, where she builds a solid knowledge on coordination and development of Innovation Action projects, she started working as Senior Consultant at Capgemini, working on Digital Transformation.